Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New Hard Drives - New OS - Old cPanel Data?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flipside, Apr 4, 2005.

1. flipside

flipside Registered

Hello,

One of the servers which I have unlimited physical access to needs new hard drives and with it a fresh OS install (new version but same OS). Now this is a cpanel server so what's the best way to get all the cpanel user data, configs, and so forth restored?

I'm thinking I will:

1: Swap old drive A with new drive A.

2: Remove old drive B.

3: Install OS of choice.

4: Install cPanel as normal.

5: Hookup old drive A to the same machine via second IDE channel.

6: Boot and mount old drive A just to copy over cPanel configs and important user data using rsync?

7: Remove old drive A from second IDE channel and replace with new drive B.

That's about it?

Ok if I'm on the right track above what data needs to be transferred? I did a search on here and didn't find anything exactly pertaining to my situation. Some info was helpful but I wanted to clarify. If any of you who work in a DC and have experience with this would be willing to shed some light on this I would be very greatful. Thanks for your time.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...