The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Horde is horrid! (new with C48) - FEEDBACK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfrench10, Feb 1, 2005.

1. rfrench10

rfrench10 Well-Known Member

Just relaying the comments of several of my clients. They (and I) hate the new Horde interface. When I upgraded cpanel from R-7 to C-48 the new Horde interface got installed. Now instead of logging in two times you actually need to log in either 3 or 4 times depending on what you are doing. I downgraded cpanel from C-48 back to R-7 to get the old Horde interface back and the users appreciated that move.

2. JackDcrack

JackDcrack Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you Bob, Downgraded today after a flood of complaints.

IMO there are way too many bugs in this version of Horde for it to be inluded in the R cpanel updates, Prehaps E, but certainly not R.

Just My 2 cents.

3. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Surprisng this HORDE issue is dragging on for so long. I would not like to Jump Trees just for HORDE but think cPanel should just have tested is far more than what they did till now before releasing it.

Yeah bugzilla could be a line of defense posted but not same bug can be expected to be posted again and again by different users for seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Awaiting a fix in CURRENT TREE

Anup

4. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

I agree totally with you guys. Is there anyway to view all email account folders using cpanel' login credentials in Horde (as before)?

5. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Login issues aside, the new Horde is way too busy. It takes the kitchen sink approach, trying to offer all kinds of features that just confuse most clients. Most aren't looking to manage their entire lives, just get e-mail quickly. :)

6. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

Yall need to go look in Options and then Display. You can then get what is consdiered a close-to-the-old-Horde look.

Try looking around rather than complaining. I was able to satisfy my clients complaints after it was changed to the Purple Horde look.

Hmm.. :)

Brenden

7. JackDcrack

JackDcrack Well-Known Member

Brenden,

I completely understand your point, however I do not think that argument applies in this situation. The "Purple Horde" theme, under display options is simply the old color scheme. It does not solve any of the layout problems, or fix the javascript errors, or solve the problem with have to login multiple times.

8. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

From the horses mouth - AKA one of our clients who complained.

I know he shouldn't use a MAC ;) but still, the complaints rain in, folks just don't buy it.

9. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    maybe it's all a plan to push everyone toward Squirrel... :)

10. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

See this when click on Blacklist (in Filters) after the update today:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ingo/lib/Ingo.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ingo/lib/Ingo.php:58) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ingo/templates/common-header.inc on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ingo/lib/Ingo.php:58) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ingo/templates/common-header.inc on line 4

How to get rid of these?
    CURRENT Tree.

TIA
    Anup

11. junglecat

junglecat Well-Known Member

That's what I want to know too. My users are having fits because the filters aren't working. :(

12. Angel78

Angel78 Well-Known Member

any news if this double login (2nd time to MAIL) is going to be solved or is it going to become "standard" ?

13. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Our customers like the layout, just think the functionality is still a bit out of wack. It just needs some fine tuning to fix the problems is the main thing or it needs an option to go back to the classic folder layout.

Don't bash a Mac, it runs BSD and is better than any Windoze box. Buying a Powerbook next week. :)

14. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Horde is a framework for other modules, IMP is the mail client. Horde is designed to be a flexible framework to allow people to bolt on various modules. It's trying to be a groupware type client where businesses rely on Horde and the various modules for everything, keeping schedules and managing all sorts of information, e-mail being only one part of that.

In that sense, Horde is better than it used to be, but for those of us who only care about e-mail functionality, Horde has become too bloated. It's not as focused on IMP (e-mail) as the older version was.

I think CPANEL should enable some of the basic modules for SquirrelMail. The lobotomized version they use now isn't as powerful an e-mail client as it could be.

15. junglecat

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the filters function? I have some very unhappy clients.

16. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

HA HA, tell em to use squirrel.

Horde I thought was supposed to help emulate something along the lines of AOL Mail. I have not had any complaints (yet)

17. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

With some clients, that is as good as saying "Use another hosting company, we don't want your business."

They get awfully attached to some things and change for the worse is generally not accepted and I think thats reasonable. Its obvious there were several problems with Horde, it should not have made it to general cpanel release so soon imho.

18. junglecat

Absolutely! The clients are paying their hard earned money for hosting, they should be able to choose what they want and get what they're comfortable with, rather than say to them, "sorry, we can't accomodate you, too bad so sad"

19. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

I gotta disagree with the mayority there ! really like the new horde , it is much faster aswell and the feedback from my customers is positive too ! :)

20. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It's not that bad...

Taking the glass half-full approach, this is what I sent to my customers to help reduce many of the concerns regarding this most recent update:

Topic: Using Webmail?

Significant updates have been made to the way Webmail works within your account, as well as some upgrades to the organizer features built into Horde webmail.

* Direct link to webmail is: http://yourdomain.com/webmail
    Enter your email address and password when the login box appears.

* Direct link to Horde is: http://yourdomain.com:2095/horde/
    If you wish to review or manage all of your email accounts via Horde, you must first log into your control panel, then click the Webmail icon for administrative level access.

* You may be asked to enter your username/password a second time when logged into Webmail. Enter your email address and password if the login box appears.

Respectfully,
    Server Support
    http://tvcnet.net