The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New host for apache site

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by soqui, Oct 29, 2014.

1. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there... I have succesfully configured my apache virtualhosts.. domain1.com and domain2.net
    they both resolve www.domain1.com and www.domain2.net without a problem.. BUT i need a new host for domain2.net, let's call it "new", so if I type new.domain2.net I get the default page that the site wasn't found..
    the host is already configured on the DNS of the domain but I haven't found a way to to this..

Please help out..

Thanks a lot

Regards

Victor..

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please access cPanel for the account and utilize the "Subdomains" feature. You should be creating accounts through Web Host Manager and managing them through cPanel rather than adding custom VirtualHost entries.

Thank you.

3. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael.. thanks for the reply...
    I logged in with the domain account (domain2net) and I don't see the subdomain option..
    i searched for "subdomain" and I only get List subdomains but I don't see where to add a new one..

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    List Subdomains is in the WebHost Manager. You need to log into cPanel, not the WHM, to add a subdomain.

The WHM (https://$ip_address:2087) is where you do things that affect the whole server. cPanel (https://$ip_address:2083) is where you do things that affect only one account or domain, such as adding or removing subdomains, adding or removing mailboxes, etc.

5. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks a lot Jared... I didn't knew the difference between WHM and CPanel.. I thought it was the same things..
    that did it.. :) the only issue here is now, www.domain2.net access the web site without a problem.. new.domain2.net gives me the default page (SORRY! if you are the owner of this site...) but if I do new.domain2.net/index.php I get to the site without a problem.. any suggestions on how to solve this?

6. whr

whr Active Member

Victor, your browser might be caching the old result. Try after clearing it and see if that works.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator