The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New in webhosting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gerry, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Gerry

Gerry Registered

First, I just want to understand the role of the three entities that I'm registered with, concerning webhosting.

I signed up with enic to get my domain name. This I'm clear about. They in turn told me to sign up with a webhosting company, and I did with arkweb. And it's been a month since signed up with them. I'm not quite clear what arkweb's role is because, after registering with them, I also got registered with cPanel. So, I'm not really sure which one to go to to find some answers as to why I can not access my website using domain name instead of the IP address I was given.

I'm not really in a hurry to solve my problem, because I'm still in the process of developing our website, and it's still in it's barebones stage. But, it would be nice to find out the answer before I get to finish most of it. Thanks for some suggestion.

2. kistler

kistler Well-Known Member

arkweb - is your web host, you will deal with them most 99% of the time. You’ll use their service to display your website online, i have the feeling they are using cPanel - as their control panel, a system for you to use on their servers that will help assist you in hosting your website online.

enic - Is your domain provider, anything that has to do with your domain is done with them, like changing your NS (name servers, web host provides them to you)

cPanel - is a control panel for web hosting provider, arkweb, you don’t really need to visit cpanel.net but sometimes it can be faster then your own web host – but most of the guys like to deal with bigger issues, than what your webhost should take care of.

how to use cpanel, look at http://demodemo.com/tutorials_cpanel.html and find your theme defult is listed, have a great day.

#2 kistler, Apr 4, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  3. Gerry

Gerry Registered

Thanks kistler.

4. kistler

kistler Well-Known Member

the IP you is where your server is located - you should have gotten a NS like ns1.arkwebdomain.--- and ns2.arkwebdomain.---