The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install, some things not working right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mattballew, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Mattballew

Mattballew Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i currently use shared hosting for my websites, and recently decided to install cpanel on my own server and give it a shot to host myself.
    I am running a Virtual machine using VirtualBox with 4GB of ram dedicated to cpanel.
    It is installed on CentOS 6

Everything seemed to install just fine, with no issues.. Everything seemed to work out of the box. I tried to do a account transfer from my previous provider to the new server and it gave a few errors, but it seemed it was mainly due to their package name not matching my package names. So I reassigned my packages and all seemed good.

I later found that vBulletin was having issues working, I use a html5 rewrite in order to direct many websites to our newest website for the forums, and rather than doing so in the .htaccess file as it had with the previous host, it was asking me to download some file from the site. In order to continue to testing, I disabled the old .htaccess and was presented immediately with a database error.
    I checked the database for connections both locally and externally and had no issues connecting and accessing the data. I checked my config, and tried anything i could possibly think. Still, I get a random database error.

I decided to move on to see if my WHMCS was working, upon loading I am told to install a php plugin needed to operate it, so I do so and everything seems good.. Almost.. My admin panel loads and works fine on WHMCS, however the client portal is a white page that never loads.

I know these issues I'm having are probably going to be hard to diagnose without some sort of error log but honestly I don't know where to look to find such a log.
    I'm just wondering if there are some sort of plugins I need to install in order to make this work properly. I've turned the server off for now. Because I don't intend on switching all my domains over until it's 100% working.

Any ideas or suggestions to get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may also find the WHMCS forums helpful: