The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install with existing /home2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkaic, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Arkaic

Arkaic Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Not something I've done before so I'm wondering if there is something in place to detect accounts on a second /home partition?

i.e.

If we install cPanel on a new hard drive (DRIVE A) and then insert an existing hard drive (DRIVE B) from another server which was mounted as /home2 - will the new cPanel installation automatically detect the accounts in /home2 on DRIVE B once it is mounted?

Thanks in advance.

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Quite a rare situation , I dont think it will be possible since you have 2 different cpanel installation on 2 different drives.

3. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

No, The new cPanel installation will not detect the accounts from /home2 automatically as cPanel need all accounts configuration files.

If you install cPanel on first Drive (A) that means there is no account/user configuration files and that's way cPanel will not detect your cPanel account from Drive B.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Account data for cPanel accounts is stored outside of the account's home directory. Do you have cPanel backups of the accounts you want to restore on this server? If so, you'd want to restore the accounts from the backup archives rather than simply mounting the data on the /home2 partition.

Thank you.