The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Install won't add accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danej, Jun 19, 2007.

  1. danej

    danej Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2003
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Specs:
    WHM 10.8.0
    cPanel 10.9.0-R10737
    FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE i386
    WHM X v3.1.0

    Fresh install. When I try and create an account, it just says:

    "Account Creation Complete!!!"

    and that is all. When I list accounts, it shows nothing. It doesn't create zone files or anything. I can manually add the zone files so the domain works, but then it doesn't have cpanel associated with it.

    Thanks for any help.
     
  2. cPanelNick

    cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    3,426
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    How did you do a fresh install of such an old version?
     
  3. danej

    danej Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2003
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Data Center

    I just ordered 'FreeBSD' and 'cPanel' on a new machine from a data center, and that is what I got.
     
  4. cPanelNick

    cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    3,426
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try running /scripts/upcp --force
     
  5. danej

    danej Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2003
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    great

    thanks for your help. I just finished running that and now it is at:

    WHM 11.1.0
    cPanel 11.4.18-R14158
    FREEBSD 6.2-RELEASE i386
    WHM X v3.1.0


    Seems to create the account ok now in cPanel, but doesn't look like it went correctly into bind. I'll see whats in the zone file(s) and report back.
     
  6. danej

    danej Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2003
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    K, working

    well, just seemed to be the normal stuff after I did:

    /scripts/upcp --force

    I added the following to resolv.conf

    nameserver 127.0.0.1

    I made sure that bind was listening on external IPs. The initial install only had it listening on 127.0.0.1.

    Also, I linked the folder from /var/named/etc/namedb/ to /etc/namedb/

    I also created the rDNS file in /etc/namedb/

    now all seems to be working correctly.

    Thanks for the help.
     
Loading...

Share This Page