The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New installation, can't access anything, 2nd try

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jestep, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jestep

jestep Active Member

Just did a fresh install on a clean server, and I cannot access anything. Not http or the WHM control panels on 2086 and 2087. This is the second time that I have tried this, and still no success in accessing anything on the server.

The server is Fedora Core 8, which isn't listed as being supported by Cpanel, but I've heard of several other people using it. I cannot use Fedora 6 or 7 due to unresolvable incompatibility issues with the RAID controller in the server.

Checked the hardware firewall several times, and it appears to be functioning correctly. Currently ports 21,22,53,80,443,2082,2083,2086 and 2087 are open. Not using any email services on this server so incoming pop and smtp are all closed.

Should I be able to telnet 2086 and 2087? I can telnet port 80, but if I open it in my browser, I just get a problem loading page error. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jestep

jestep Active Member

Ok, 3rd try same result. Took the server out from behind the firewall just to be sure and still nothing.

3. jestep

jestep Active Member

Finally got it figured out. In case anyone esle ever runs into this: When the WHM/Cpanel package was installed it was blowing out the IPtables firewall with the exception of ssh. The firewall did work properly before the install, so it wasn't immediately apparent that it was causing the problem. Disable the firewall and it works. Make sure to reconfigure and start it before going live.