Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Installation Can't access WebHost Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ftbseobrad, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ftbseobrad

ftbseobrad Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I looked around for questions similar to this but didn't see any after a few minutes.

I have just installed the latest version of cP on a Centos 7 server on an instance with Dream Host "Dream Compute" account.

I opened the ports to https and http for whm and i set selinux to passive mode

As far as I can tell the install completed but when I go to the browser and type x.x.x.x:2087 or x.x.x.x:2086 it just sits there and after about 5 minutes I get a server non found error.

I can't figure out what I haven't done right. I have read article after article online and I'm still no closer.

One thing that causes me alarm is that I read an article to put in a command to the server to see what my license was and it came back that the sync to the cp store was bad or incomplete is that a sign that not everything installed properly when I set up cP on my server or am I missing something? I haven't worked with linux in forever and it was mostly desktop so I'm really struggling. Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have any firewall management utilities such as CSF installed on the system? These can sometimes add firewall rules that block access to the cPanel/WHM ports if not properly configured. If not, feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and see what's happening.

Thank you.

3. ftbseobrad

ftbseobrad Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael and thank you - I have configured firealld to open ports 2086 and 2087 permanately
    I have set selinux to permissive

As far as I know those are the only two firewall settings/apps in Centos7 I just installed the server the same day I installed cp/whm.

I didn't disable selinux before I installed and I'm wondering if that caused a glitch... Love the learning process :)

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: