Sadiq Ribadu

Registered
Jul 21, 2019
Lagos
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi guys,

Great to be here. Am new in the community so am still trying to get a hand of the community rules and regulations and all.

I have a major challenge and i would be glad if i can get the needed help because i have a time lapse to deliver at work.

I did a fresh installation of my cpanel on my centos 7 vps on azure. After the installation i tried to login to the WHM page as advised and i just can login with the same credentials i use for ssh as root.

i have been on this for over 10 hours tried everything anything i can read up online but still cant log in.

i have disabled cphulkd, put my IP on whitelist etc, and still cant log in.

I also want to bring to note that i use key generation for my SSH, so i don't know if that is a problem.

When i use "whmlogin" the terminal give me a url of my domain with some key generated value is given which i copy and paste in my browser and still use my root credentials to login,and i still get the invalid login error.

I am so frustrated right now and i would need the best possible guide/advise on how to get by this.

Hoping to read back soon

regards

Sadiq

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Sadiq Ribadu,

I recommend opening a support ticket so we can access the server (or make the attempt) and determine why the login is failing. If you're unable to submit a ticket, you can email [email protected] directly explaining the issue and to request that your issue is forwarded to Technical Support.

Thank you.

Sadiq Ribadu

Registered
Jul 21, 2019
Lagos
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Sadiq Ribadu,

I recommend opening a support ticket so we can access the server (or make the attempt) and determine why the login is failing. If you're unable to submit a ticket, you can email [email protected] directly explaining the issue and to request that your issue is forwarded to Technical Support.

Thank you.
Thanks cPanelMicheal. would follow your advise and revert back to the forum

thanks again..

Sadiq Ribadu

Registered
Jul 21, 2019
Lagos
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Guys @cPanelMichael, so i promised to revert back sorry its coming late. So a solution was found to the error i had.So i would just summarize in a nutshell.

So the basic problem was just 2 things

1) I had 2 "A records" point to the same IP that had cPanel services running on them

2) the other issue was not opening the the necessary ports for cPanel to work with. After all this was done i was able to log in successfully.

Again, the cPanel support team was great kudos to them all, and @cPanelMicheal thanks for the advise.

kind regards

Sadiq

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter