Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New installation questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruperten49, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ruperten49

ruperten49 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, I just installed c-panel on a digital ocean droplet(2vcpu and 4gb ram), and I have some questions. I installed a wordpress site using softaculous and set the php to 7.1.

But I feel like the site is pretty slow compared to running it on laravel forge(witch uses php 7.3). Is it possible to upgrade to php 7.2 or 7.3? Can I just install php 7.2 the normal way with cmd and have it available in the c-panel or is there some special way to have 7.2 installed thru the VHM panel?

Also what is the default web server running on c-panel and centos? is there anything to gain from changing this to nginx?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    To install php versions and options in whm select the EasyApache4 option.

As for web server it comes with Apache. If you want something more performance oriented we recommend LiteSpeed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @ruperten49,

Apache is installed by default with cPanel & WHM. There's no direct support for Nginx at this time (support for Nginx is tentatively planned for a later date), however there is an official plugin for LiteSpeed if you are seeking a performance-oriented alternative. You can read about it on the link below:

How to Purchase a LiteSpeed Web Server License - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Yes, simply browse to WHM >> EasyApache 4 and choose PHP version 7.2 in your build profile. Then, use WHM >> MultiPHP Manager to configure which version is enabled by default, or to enable it on specific accounts. I've linked some documents below that should help you get started:

EasyApache 4 FAQ - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation
    EasyApache 4 Home - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation
    MultiPHP Manager for WHM - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Note that PHP version 7.3 isn't provided at this time, but you can monitor the feature request below to know when it's released:

PHP 7.3

Let me know if you have any questions, and welcome to the cPanel Forums!

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...