The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New IP Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Happyshack, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Happyshack

Happyshack Registered

Hello,
    I have a dedicated server and want to move one domain to a new IP. I got the new IP from host and added it through IP Functions in WHM. Then the "Change Site's IP Address" to move the domain to new IP.

When I go to "Show IP Address Usage" the new IP is not listed there and when I go to "Show or Delete Current IP Addresses" it is listed but has the red icon meaning that it is not active.

Is there something else I need to do to get the new IP active?

Thanks for any help.

2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Make sure that you edit the apache configuration files and tell is to listen for connections on that IP. Even if it is already listed, make sure you hit save.

Main >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration >> Reserved IPs Editor

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Does the site load from the new IP? More specifically, does the domain already resolve to the new IP without issue?

If the only problem is that the IP is not displaying in the IP usage information, please try the following command (via root SSH access) and then re-check the IP usage display for the new IP:
    Code:
    # /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf

#3 cPanelDon, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009