The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New IPs assigned by sever host. DNS problems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Raptr, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Raptr

Raptr Registered

The server host I have recently allocated me two new IPs to replace the old once to resolve a few conflicts with the old ethernet provider. After using the IP Migration wizard everything went flawlessly except for the nameservers. I would like to keep the nameservers as ns1 and ns2.vwchosting.com but the problem is they still resolve to the old IPs. Ive tried numerous things. I looked at /etc/nameserverips and the right IPs have the NSs listed, but they still ping over to the old IP even though the main site pings to the new one. I tried using edit setup after chaing the nameserverips file to read =0 on all but i get the message that that nemserver already has the old IP assigned to it. In the BIND DNS zone it has the new IP assigned. Is there a file I can edit so that this might end up pinging proerly. All of our DNS is hosted on our server and I dont see why this would happen. The registrar is no help to me or so they say. Could someone tell me what or where to edit to make this stop.

Thanks

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Assume you have checked /etc/resolv.conf for correct entries? And you have changed the IPs assigned to your name servers at the registrar and restarted Bind/Named after making changes?

3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

I am with sawbuck: Did you change the ip's on those nameserver at your domain name registrar? You can make all the changes you want on the server, but if the registry still has the old ip's, then they will continued to resolve to the old ips.