The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amorosso, Nov 30, 2009.

1. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

Hi I'm trying to figure this out. I would like to setup a new package that I can have a set of predefined files and directories installed once created and with a database. So yes more less a instant website ready to go. But of course only for that package.

I was thinking of the skeleton but I think there is only one and global. So that wouldn't be a good idea.

Any help with this would be great...

2. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

anyone

Does anyone know of this or a place or script that could be used. Something like Fantasico ?

3. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

please

please... anyone

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The cpanel3-skel is the directory where you'd add your content to for a new site. Error pages, default favicon, robots.txt and anything else you'd like all new accounts to start out with.

There have been many threads on the forums asking about wanting to setup a database on a newly created account you might do some digging for, but creating an package specific installation of a sites files and database I'm not sure is possible.

I do know there is a way to get cPanel to do things for you pre or post account setup that you can read more on here:
    cPanel/WHM Script Hooks

Sorry can't help more than that.

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What Infopro posted is correct; using the available script hooks and APIs it is possible to automate actions via a custom script, such as one that is triggered immediately following the creation of a new account as seen via the link provided (referencing "postwwwacct").

For additional information on usage I recommend to review above documentation (cPanel/WHM Script Hooks) as well as searching our Developer Discussion forums as linked below:
    Developer Discussions - cPanel Forums

An alternative to, or in addition to, using automated custom actions via script hooks may be to offer a custom cPAddon installed via cPanel that includes a packaged version of a script and custom content to jump-start the creation of a user's web site including creating a database; for more verbose information please reference our official cPAddon documentation as linked below:
    Introduction to cPAddons

6. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Soution

As per my experience with cPanel its not possible to create the packages with the specific files/directories as packages are basically defines the limitation for your newly created hosting account.But yes if you want to give defaults files for your newly created hosting account than you need to upload the files/directories in cpanel3-skel feature present in WHM but you can't define databases as every database having its own database user name and password.

7. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

Thanks

big thanks to all of you. I will read those links and see what I can come up with. Thanks a lot.