New payment gateway? Automatic payment with valid creditcard on file failed since April.

lorio

Feb 25, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is there a new payment gateway in the backend? Or is your payment system no longer able to cope with creditcards from Europe?
Are there other customers with Buycpanel history having now problems?

I receive "Your recurring monthly payment failed because you do not have a credit card on file."
When login in I see the creditcard data from the "Buycpanel" merge with an empty Name on Card.
That worked since the transfer from BuyCpanel. The update button was not working on the card.

Then I added the creditcard again with my missing Name and set that to primary.
Today the payment failed again without any information about the error itself.

Now I deleted the old card entry.
Looks to me that the braintree backend is not getting the correct information, when you have merged data from an BuyCpanel account.

Anyone else having issues with the gateway?

Happy Eastern!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I checked with our Customer Service team and they indicated there was no card on file during the last billing run. There is a card on file at this time, so if you still see issues after the next billing run (tonight overnight Central US time) you should open a ticket with our Customer Service team so they can check that.

lorio

Feb 25, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That is correct. I removed the migrated creditcard data (from the BuyCpanel acquisition) and added the same credit-card data again.
For me the rootcause was somewhere in the backend of your billing system and the braintree payment system.
Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Licensing & Billing 1