The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New question: create new account, nameserver

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by elliottmina, Oct 13, 2004.

1. elliottmina

elliottmina Registered

My client has set up a new server for an upcoming website. The domain is already in use elsewhere, but we cannot change the DNS to the new server until everything is up and running on the new server. I figured we could set up the site anyway, accessing everything through IP and not worry about the DNS until the time comes.

As I understand it, I have to create a new account. I entered all my information into the create new account screen, but when I submit I get the error "Please set up a nameserver under Server Setup in WHM and try again!!!".

I went to Manage Nameserver IPs, but I don't know what to do and the documentation didn't help. I entered ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.... but it is not working.

#1 elliottmina, Oct 13, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    are there no "nameserver setup under Server Setup" ? you will have to setup the nameservers for the C-panel first so that while creating an account; you cpanel needs the nameservers setup too.

3. elliottmina

elliottmina Registered

Turns out it was something on the hosts end. Thanks anyway.