The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Scripts...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NightStorm, Nov 1, 2005.

1. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a program or tutorial or docs somewhere on how I would compile my own addon scripts for cpanel? I want to offer my customers some new software, but since Fantastico will not do it, and cpanel will not do it, I am left with the option of building my own.
    Can someone point me in the right direction here to building my own scripts to be available in my cpanel?
  2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Fantastico v3.0 will make it easier for script authors and hosting companies to add scripts. It should be out in ~early 2006. Of course you can add your own scripts to Fantastico now, but it is not as easy as it will be. You can simply take a look at the master files to see how it is done. I do recommend you wait for Fantastico 2.10.0R18 (due shortly) before attempting it since how the master files are stored will change (to further improve security and make it more compatible with various VPS).

Alternately, the standard cPanel addons are stored in /usr/local/cpanel/addons/ -- feel free to take a look at the existing scripts to get an idea of how to add scripts there.

I am not aware of any tutorials that cover how this can be accomplished.