The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New server migration help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by salvatore333, Oct 12, 2010.

1. salvatore333

salvatore333 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2003
    I just got a cpanel new server. I have 3 old cpanel servers for 3 separate small companies that have only shared hosting accounts on them.

The new server I have created 3 reseller accounts for each companies server. How do I transfer each old server to a new reseller account on the new server. Each old server has different nameservers which I have setup on the new servers resellers 3 accounts.

When I log into a new reseller account I created that has all privileges except root, there is no function to copy multiple accounts from another server.

I am lost and in the middle of this migration. I would really appreciate some of your expert advice.

Thanks so much.
  2. AL-Kateb

AL-Kateb Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    if i were you i would do this:

say your 3 servers are A,B and C

i would first transfer all accounts on A and go to WHM -> Multi Account Functions -> Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts
    select all accounts owner by root "don't forget t deselect the A,B and C reseller accounts"

then change the owner to Reseller-A

transfer the accounts from server B

go same page and select all accounts owned by root (this will not select the reseller A accounts since now they are under another owner" change their reseller to B"

and so on

there might be some other way but this won't take much time i guess