The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New server, new cpanel, newely redirected domain - > troubles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucaso, Sep 13, 2011.

1. lucaso

lucaso Registered

Sep 13, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi guys,
    first off forgive me lame questions, but I am far from being expert with servers.

I had shared hosting, but I was kicked off recently, because of heavy traffic.

Ok, I decided to buy VPS with cpanel, bc cpanel is easy to manage. I bought it with cpanel licence and 1st problem - WHM.

Somehow I manged to set up package and new account for myself.

My main problem is that they gave me vps ip 46.182.XXX.XX, so I changed A record on my website domain to that domain. I am not sure if I have done it ok, bc now inside cpanel it says Dedicated IP Address 174.34.XXX.XXX

I am quite confused from this. The website works at 46.182.XXX.XX/~mywebsite, but I am 99% sure something is wrong, since it is a couple of hours and at least for some users DNS should propagate.

I tried to change my IP to another country where usually I got fast response for DNS change and when I try to access my website I am getting this error: Template Error: The template file must be given

Quite confusing. I am fully aware that those are questions placed by idiot, but this was wild shot in the middle of night done in emergency. Thanks for any help.

If someone trustworthy here will be available for skype chat, I will gladly pay him 20 usd/hour (20usd min) via moneybookers for help ( I am online for 30 more mins today).
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

If you change the IP address of an account, you should use the following option within Web Host Manager:

"WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address"

If you are using a third-party provider for DNS, ensure the "A" record for the domain name matches the IP address assigned to the account on the cPanel server.

Feel free to open a support ticket so we may login and investigate further:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.