The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New server transfer stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jollymon, Sep 29, 2006.

1. jollymon

jollymon Member

Okay so I have bought a newer, much better server. So I am switching over all of my data and I used the transfer multiple accounts function and it worked fine (except the mail settings) I set up my new nameservers on the new box, however the old box is still live till tonight. The new nameservers are the same name as the old nameservers. Just different IP addresses.

So I verified all of my zones on the new server have the new ip address, and I changed all of the cnames on the old server to point to the new ip address. Is there anything else I need to do? when the old box drops off tonight will the new one just pick right back up. I am worried that the new nameservers ips have not propogated because of a dnsreports report.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=fearmaps.com

I have mismatched glue? Well any advice would be nice. Thanks and have a good day

EDIT I ran a tracert to fearmaps.com and it seemed to not route to the ns1 at the 72.xxx.xxx.xxx(OLD), rather just the 216.xxx.xxx.xxx (NEW).

#1 jollymon, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. jollymon

jollymon Member

I shut down my services on the old box and low and behold it all walked over to the newer box with no noticable hiccups. Pain free ;)

Just a parting question. What should i do to make sure i have not left any valuable information laying around on the old server? shred? or will my server provider (LT) get all pissy about me formatting the disk?