The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zyrohost, Mar 28, 2007.

1. zyrohost

zyrohost Registered

Ok here goes. I am not new to the whole server thing. I was on a server for 3 TROUBLE FREE years with ease of use That Used Direct Admin. Since switching to WHM /Cpanel have had nothing but problems. Im not at all blaming or flaming the product. I just believe Documentation on how to set up to use it would be real nice.

By that I mean from beginning to live website. I have searched in vain for the post By Serra for So you got a new server and cant find it. I'm broke as a 3 yr old joke on unempoorment and can barely afford my server. Is there anyone nice people left in this world left out there that can do a 1 time favor for a guy? Or atleast point me to the right Docs.

What my issues are are dns stuff.. The site shows when it wants to and thats it. Quite perturbed and going to go back to DA when able. It was MUCH easier.

2. _Sam_

_Sam_ Well-Known Member

3. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Have you tried reviewing the cPanel newbie guide at all?
    http://www.webhostgear.com/3.html

Can you better explain your DNS issues? What are you trying to do and what is happening?

4. zyrohost

zyrohost Registered

Thx for the quick replies. If you go to dnsstuff.com and check out my sites you will know whats up. lol errors everywhere. It is a fresh setup on the server. I need to know what to do as if I JUSt recieved the email saying im good to go , to getting a website online error free.

As of now, my sites come online when they want to and go off when they want to. And Ill definately check that article out as well Rampage. Thx a bunch

the websites in question are zyrohost.com myshack.org and mweva.com **Please Note** zyrohost.com is live and hasnt gone down. the others are all down.

I have absolutely no idea what to do with WHM/Cpanel. I have used it before as a reseller but never admin. And I have googled, and everything else and it all tells me to go into shell and do this and all that and frankly, i know nothing about shell either. Im definately a newbie to that stuff.

Direct admin was quite simple. Its not at all complicated like WHM is. :confused:

#4 zyrohost, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  5. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

I'm feeling generous at the moment. Contact me and I'll help you set up the server

6. zyrohost

zyrohost Registered

Thx Spiral. Pm'ed you. :D

7. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Got your message. I'm actually online right now :cool: