New settings in exim configurator. Please explain.

anton_latvia

PartnerNOC
May 11, 2004
Latvia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I have noticed some new settings in exim config, could anyone please explain what they will do:

Custom Filter: attachments
Custom Filter: fail_spam_score_over_100
Custom Filter: spam_rewrite
Custom Filter: fail_spam_score_over_int

I tried enabling them and suddenly quite a lot of normal emails were being bounced back to senders with a status, that their emails were "spam". We don't want to bounce-back tons of emails.. :)

vlee

Oct 13, 2005
Spokane, Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I have noticed some new settings in exim config, could anyone please explain what they will do:

Custom Filter: fail_spam_score_over_100
Custom Filter: fail_spam_score_over_int

I tried enabling them and suddenly quite a lot of normal emails were being bounced back to senders with a status, that their emails were "spam". We don't want to bounce-back tons of emails.. :)
Well I had this problem and it screwed up my email so bad that I had to drop down to Stable release of cPanel.

Refer to this link Click Here

If not going to Stable Build then do not update anything in the red. Updating and enabling breaks Exim.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you open a support ticket for this issue so we may investigate and determine if it's a bug? You can submit a support ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we can monitor the progress and update this thread with additional information.

Thank you.

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
I think I am having this same problem. I dont know if or how these things are enabled but as soon as we upgraded to 4.80 our "spam" rejections have gone nuts. We are seeing hundreds or thousands a day. This has to be some kind of bug, I just dont know what to turn off because I dont want to make it worse.

Just opened a ticket on this.

Curious Too

Aug 31, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I saw the same thing. Any email that was marked as spam was being rejected. I had to disable all options except "Custom Filter: spam_rewrite" to stop spam email from being rejected.

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I think I am having this same problem. I dont know if or how these things are enabled but as soon as we upgraded to 4.80 our "spam" rejections have gone nuts. We are seeing hundreds or thousands a day. This has to be some kind of bug, I just dont know what to turn off because I dont want to make it worse.

Just opened a ticket on this.
Would you kindly post the ticket #?

-- Update --

Disregard: I was able to find it in the system.

Thanks

vlee

Oct 13, 2005
Spokane, Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Would you kindly post the ticket #?

-- Update --

Disregard: I was able to find it in the system.

Thanks
Nick,

Here is a screen shot below

Exim_4_80-Filters.jpg

The things that are red that says "The current value for this field is invalid. You must update it." are a big problem because if update these values it causes bounced emails and so on.

chposter

May 9, 2011
HI we are updating from 11.30 and we are seeing this problem too. In fact, if you select reset all config to defaults, some options are present two times. For example:

I forgot, updating from 11.30 to 11.32. From LTS to LTS.

Last edited:

chposter

May 9, 2011
It appears to me that this case has been sorted. You can watch out for it in the change log for release soon I would think:
CPanelVersion1134 < AllDocumentation/ChangeLog < TWiki
Hello,

I have seen it has been published in 11.34. But what about 11.32? It does not appear in 11.32 changelog.

Thanks.

edit: I have just seen the changelog number is not 61634

Fixed case 61677: Restore the exim configuration dist files to address multiple issues with the Exim configuration editor.