The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New subdomain problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1stDemon, May 29, 2010.

1. 1stDemon

1stDemon Registered

Hello,

I configured A dns record for domain example.com to lead to ip 2.2.2.2(Not a Cpanel IP), but then I add a subdomain test.example.com I see what Cpanel creates a Apache's VirtualHost who leads to IP 2.2.2.2 but I need to change it to a Cpanel's IP. How can I do it from Cpanel ?

2. vheeds

vheeds Member

Mostly hosting provider won't allow DNS management for the cpanel users. Can you confirm whether your hosting provider enabled the dns management in your cPanel? If not, you need to contact them to perform the ip change for your subdomain.

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You will have to contact the owner of the name servers assigned to the domain example.com. If you are using your hosting providers name server, you need to contact them to make the changes. If you are using your domain registrar's name servers, you should look for an option in the domain control panel, if not, contact the domain registrar.

4. 1stDemon

1stDemon Registered

I'm a hosting provider and I can change DNS records, but when I change DNS record from Cpanel it's not changing Apache's VirtualHost, and to resolve this problem I need to go to console and change VirtualHost's IP by hand in Apache's config. I can't understand why VirtualHost not changing then I change A DNS record from Cpanel? :confused:

5. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

IP in the VirtualHost entry changes automatically only in case you change an account IP address from

other than that, you will have to manually edit the httpd.conf file and make the changes.