The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Test License policy is assinine

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by trackpads, Nov 5, 2012.

1. trackpads

trackpads Active Member

Ok, so I currently have a cpanel license that I pay monthly and want to upgrade to a new server. So I purchase the new server, get assigned IP Address and go to get a 15 day license so I can move my junk. But, I cant.

Since the new IP Address has had CPanel before I cannot get a test license. Seriously? Its from a hosting company... what are the odds that it WOULDNT have had a license before!! If that is the criteria why offer them at all?

So now I have to go buy a second license, transfer and then cancel the first one.

Smooth, real freaking smooth Cpanel.

2. BlaineM.

BlaineM. cPanel QA Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry you've frustrated. If you could send an email to cs@cpanel.net, our customer service team generally works with situations like yours for licensing problems.

3. trackpads

trackpads Active Member

I actually spent 15 minutes on the Live chat this morning and was told no. I did send an email but have heard no response. We should be held liable for IPs that we just got.

And why change the test policy? Its not like I could role my ip address 26 times a year to avoid a $40 month license fee.