The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to cPanel and dedicated server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarrene, May 17, 2010.

1. sarrene

sarrene Registered

Hello, Let me start off with an apology if any of my questions or statements seem.. well, "newbish". I am new to all this after all. If I am not confused about anything, at least I know I am in the correct forum category.

First off, in my wide range of searching and reading and searching some more, I came across this thread regarding one of my questions.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/true-...l-certificates-ips-per-account-152097-p2.html

I presume it is not possible to have only one cpanel account and login for multiple domains?

I am not a reseller. However we do have multiple sites. And in this, I need three unique IP's: one (+employees domain and subdomains) non ssl, two ssl domains.

A) Parent shell company site (no ssl required)
    ╠ b) Development company site (requires ssl)
    ╠ c) Product Site (requires ssl)
    ╠ d) Employee personal sites (unique domain + subs, no ssl required)
    ╚ e) Personal dev/blog Site (unique domain, no ssl required)

In the end, we have currently 5 domains, and will have up to 12 subdomains for "D" above.
    We are of course limited in space and bandwidth since we are using a server farm instead of in house servers.

My primary concern is being able to see the over all usage and stats for both server and individual sites. Also to eliminate the need to install additional components multiple times. (php packages, and other api's that can be used in multiple situations congruently) Secondary concern is the need to have multiple cpanel accounts/logins

Is there a way to do this? I have not gotten past setting up the "primary" domain yet, so I am still fiddling around some trying to find my way through all this.

cPanel seems quite daunting to me, so please pardon if I had missed something in the plethora of posts I read while searching. The above post is the closest I came to any possible answer.

That is it for now. I am sure I will be reading tons more, and posting a few more times at least.

Thank you ahead of time for any response and or help via suggestions, ideas or references to read/review.

Peace,
    Sarrene'

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Yes you can ---

If your domains do not need SSL, you can put them all under the same hosting account and thus in itself have the same Cpanel login.

If your domains require SSL or need to have their own separate space for any reason, you can set each domain on it's own account and then make them owned by a reseller account that you setup. The reseller login would then be able to manage those accounts under one single login name and one single interface under WHM.

3. sarrene

sarrene Registered

Thank you for the reply. I know I have a lot of questions, yet I do appreciate taking the time.

I understand the concept of several things, though once I look at cPanel, it starts to become a blur. This is different then other types of control panels I have used in the past.

The problem is, I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks. :eek: Of course, I do expect that no one shall see me for the next week or two. Hopefully i can get this set up, with some help and learn to understand how this works.

I did receive your pm, and once more thank you. I do appreciate it. I will be messaging you in a bit.

Peace,
    Sarrene'

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

LOL! I was scratching my head a bit and then realized your last message was actually posted 2 days ago before everything. :D

Server all taken care of .... :)

5. sarrene

sarrene Registered

hehe.. its okay. Great work and wonderful support! You were so patient with me even though I did start to "scare" you a few times. :P

Eh.. im used to it. Seems I have become a pro at confusing you, eh?

Again, Thank you! Great help from answering questions (redundant or not) as well as help and support with the server.

Peace,
    Sarrene'