The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Cpanel, Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemon1, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

I have a few problems with my cpanel install and I am unsure of how to fix them.

The A-entry not being stored. I have my domain and nameservers working correctly as the domain loads with the nameservers assigned however each time I login to cpanel I still get the "A-entry Missing" popup window and Im not sure why. I have tried adding the IP numerous times and it doesnt seem to store it for some reason but the nameservers have to be working because the domain works fine with them assigned. I also got sent 3 emails upon doing the upgrade, they consisted of the following :

webmail failed @ Wed Feb 11 14:54:50 2004. A restart was attempted automagicly.

cppop failed @ Wed Feb 11 14:54:47 2004. A restart was attempted automagicly.

The hostname (srv1.domainhere.com) resolves to . It should resolve to xx.xx.xxx.xx. Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Now why am I getting these messages? Why is my hostname resolving to "blank" What is the problem here, everything seems to be working fine yet I get these small errors and I am not sure why as the nameservers are working. If anyone can provide me any assistance with these matters it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#1 Daemon1, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  2. avio

avio Well-Known Member

I'm having this exact problem!!!!! :(

3. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

This seems to be a bug within Cpanel. One of my Cpanel servers (Redhat 7.3) does this same thing. No matter how many times I add the entry, it still gives the pop-up notice when I login the next time. However, 4 of my 5 Cpanel servers do not have this problem.

Regardless, the day to day function of the server seems to be unaffected.

4. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

I worked out how to rid of the damn popup each time you login without effecting the server. I clicked on Edit a DNS Zone and then simply removed the hostname from the list. Didnt effect the functionality and got rid of the popup, what a pain.

5. drackox

drackox Active Member

If you are using redhat or fedora

do this:

pico /etc/named.conf

Near the top of that file there are two entries that say rndc-key or rndckey

then do:
    pico /etc/rndc.conf
    and remove the - from rndc-conf

find the one with a dash and remove the dash so it's all one word then....

/scripts/fixndc

then:
    If you are using Fedora you should also pico /etc/sysconfig/named and comment out the 'ROOTDIR=' (put a # in front of it)

This will fix the RNDC Errors you have been having along with that annoying popup...

Your RNDC Bind stuff will function as it should function

do the scripts/fixndc twice...

6. Parcye

Parcye Well-Known Member

My named.conf only has 1 line with the RNDC in it.

It seems to be missing some stuff.