The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to cpanel--where do I aim my blame?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leatonmw, Sep 2, 2003.

1. leatonmw

leatonmw Registered

Hi. Just transferred sites to new server on Sat./Sun. My first experience with cpanel--not accustomed to such hands-on compu-sponsibility (I'm a humble smutmonger). I don't want to waste your time helping me tie my shoes while you're all building and fixing things and such, so, briefly:
    1. When attempting to access bandwidth stats, I get
    "ERROR: opening '/var/cpanel/bandwidth/smutman-all.rrd': No such file or directory" --Something I should have set up or my host service?
    2. Analog stats--says "pick a month to look at", but no months to pick. Should there be something there or am I impatient?
    3. Webalizer--Nothing after August 31. Last host had webalizer--updated with great frequency. Problem or no?
    Finally, since first accessing cpanel, "server load" had been unfailingly represented by a blinking red light. Small voice inside says "flashing red light=not good". Worrisome? Not uncommon?

If all these and more questions can be answered by some brightly colored faq that I've missed, just point me in the general direction and I'll be out of your hair (I've sought but not found). Sincere thanks for your time--I know it's valuable.

Lee

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Lee,

I would suggest that you complete a few things:

1. Configure your server to accept stable updates and automatic updates for security and other stuff.

2. Once you've completed the above, update your cpanel install. In a root shell: /scripts/upcp

3. Often times a new server requires upwards of 48 hours before starts are generated. If you'd like to attempt to kick them into gear, edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, find extracpus= and change the value from 0 to 3, then execute /usr/local/cpanel/startup

Stats should then be updated within the next few hours and hopefully resolve the issues you mention.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: