The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apaullo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

hi everyone, Im Apaullo and im pretty new to this CPanel, and i am exploring my way inside it :) and there are some apps that i really dont understand and dont know their uses, so if u guys can help me out itll be great!

is there any manual or tutorial on CPanel? and i mean the beginners manual? :) coz ill just read it about auto responders and configurations on CPanel

im looking forward to learn about CPanel, thanks to those who will reply

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

thanks mate!

im reading it now, and ill post some questions here if i have any..:) thanks again

does CPanel has a feature that when u send mail to person, you will know when that person actually read the mail? i dunno whats it called but i saw this feature to some mailing apps, like when my messege sent outbox has a status opened mail or something like that :)

#3 Apaullo, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

hey guys, im just wondering if any of you can help me with my problem..:)

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I hadn't seen the question as it was a re-edit of the original post. cPanel does not have a feature to inform the user if an email has been read or not. Most times, this is handled by the email client like Outlook or Thunderbird rather than being an option in a control panel. What email client are you using to send emails?

6. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

well im currently exploring CPanel as it is and im currently using roundcube webmail as an experiment, when i said im a newbie, i am really a newbie, so you are saying CPanel does not support the feature (dont know even what its called) to know if my webmail was read or not by the person but instead it depends on the email client..so there is no way we can get this to work inside roundcube?

in my scenario, i want my office to use paperless when recieving information, thats why im studying CPanel so i can teach them how to use the webmail to accept and read memos and such, and i want to know if they actually opened the mail i sent them

:)

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The feature would specifically be called a read receipt to inform the sending email user if the recipient has read the email, although it is labelled as "Return Receipt" in Roundcube instead. You can set this during new message composition. I'm not aware of an option to set it for all emails sent by default in the email account, so they simply would check "Return Receipt" in Roundcube each time they create a new message if they want a receipt back when someone has read the message.

Of note, the recipient must click to notify that they accept sending back a read receipt.

8. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

ah..so i have to click the return receipt everytime i send a webmail and they also have to click to notify me..ill check it out asap and tell u what happened :)

thanks a bunch mate

9. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

well i checked roundcube and it does have a return receipt feature :) im going to check this out and this might be the one we will be using :)

thanks alot to those who replied :)

10. Apaullo

Apaullo Member

hi again :) i have a new question regarding the "return receipt", it was working perfectly when im using roundcube to send and if its roundcube im sending, but when i try to use the return receipt to yahoomail, the return receipt is not working...so im wondering if its possible to use the return receipt of roundcube to other webmails like yahoomail etc..?

11. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The return receipt is a request sent by the sender of the mail, and it is up to the recipient mail system whether or not to acknowledge it. Many mail systems completely ignore requests for return receipts, and many mail clients (Thunderbird for example) offer the user the option whether or not to acknowledge the receipt.

The return receipt is simply a request from the mail sender, and recipients do not have to honor the request. There is no way to force a recipient of a message to send you a return receipt.

12. martincrow

martincrow Registered

Hi, i am also a new member of this forum, and want to discuss about cpanel, i don't know anything about cpanel and want to gain a basic knowledge about the features and aspects of cpanel, hope members can give me a good advice to do this.

13. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Welcome to cPanel. If you met with any issues post it here and we will try our best to sort it out.