The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbauer_4, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rbauer_4

rbauer_4 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have just started working with cPanel, and we are migrating websites/email accounts over. I have added a few domains and uploaded websites. I have not had any issues with the websites, except for the last one I uploaded. After I uploaded the website, none of the images show up. It appears all of the pictures are in a folder called pictures, and is off of the root. In the source code, there is ../Pictures. If I remove the ../ then the images will show. I am not very familiar with web pages, and just wanting to know if this is something I can fix inside the File Manager, or something that needs to be resolved with the program used to design the website?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sure you could fix these via File Manager as you've noticed, but thats certainly an issue if you've got many pages on the website I would think.
    You might do better editing via the program used to create the site and simply update all pages.

3. rbauer_4

rbauer_4 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the prompt reply. That is what I was thinking, I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

4. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In that case its better if you first take a backup for the whole hosting account from the cPanel >> backups on your local machine and then copy the whole Pictures directory in ../ or change the code from the ../Pictures to the /Pictures only or you can ask your hosting provider to make the changes as per your requirement.