The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the SQL part of cpanel and in need of some help

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Dragonsperch, May 16, 2006.

1. Dragonsperch

Dragonsperch Registered

Yes this is definetly a newby question but any help would be helpful thanks. I have the following to execute I get the jist of the whole thing but what part is the prefix that points to the galery prefix? I am just in need of the break down so I edit the right part so it will run with no errors. Any help would be very very helpful. the way it was explained there was supposed to be color to it but well you know how it works with something or doesn't.

Then You need to execute theese SQL commands with phpMyAdmin or Webmin, etc.

Code:
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('enable_watermark', '1');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('where_put_watermark', 'bottomright');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('watermark_file', '/your/full/path/to/logo.png');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('which_files_to_watermark', 'both');

Just to make things entirely clear for beginners:

insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('enable_watermark', '1');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('where_put_watermark', 'bottomright');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('watermark_file', '/*******/**/*********/htdocs/gallery/watermark.png');
    insert into cpg11d_config (name, value) values ('which_files_to_watermark', 'both');

the prefix highlighted in red should be edited by the user to make sure it corresponds to their gallery prefix.. latest CPG should have cpg130 as prefix.

the path to the watermark image highlighted in blue has to be the full directory path to the image and not a URL

Thats it. Now You can go to settings and set it up.
    Actually You need to go there, before trying to add new pics.
    You have to change 'Which file to use for watermark' to point to your own logo.png file that is used as watermark.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

'cpg11d_config' would be the name of the database table into which you want to insert the records. You'd have to check, through phpmyadmin, what tables you have present and figure out what the correct table is.

The full path to a file will probably be:

/home/yourcpanelusername/wherever/you/chose/to/put/the/file

I say probably, as the /home/ part is determined by your host. You should check with them what the path to your home directory is.

In fact, concerning such issues you should contact your host as that is what they are there for!

3. Dragonsperch

Dragonsperch Registered

Thanks Webignition, I dug around a little deeper in the forums for these particular commands and I found what I needed to know. Again thanks a bunch.