The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To This I Need Help Bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cdarkness, Oct 12, 2004.

1. cdarkness

cdarkness Registered

Hi,

First let me start by saying I bought 2 1 year hosting packages through 2buckhosting, the only info i got from them was the primary and secondary dns info for forwarding my domain name... secondly, included in the unlimited this and that, was cpanel. What this means, Im not entirely sure.

But the dns info was for pinwebhost.com which seems to be directly tied to you all. So, this bring me to this, I have owned these supposed 2 1 year hosting packages both with the same dns info, and I have not heard nor seen anything, and there seems to be something wrong with the http://www.2buckhosting.com site.. Its all messed up like its gone or something. I have the billing regarding the accounts I bought for my wife & I. I am a serious web builder with many things i am trying to do as well as my wife getting her business web off the ground. We are running into roadblocks every where we turn and 100 bux shelled out for this to get this kind of result is pathetic to say the least.

Can someone that seriously knows whats going on help me out here? Thanx. Reply here & to my email

chaos_d_2000@yahoo.com

Thanx again.

2. aerostar

aerostar Member

i emailed you but it looks like your host is down or non existant anymore.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Looks like pinwebhost and 2buckhosting are both down.

Anyway, neither of them ARE cpanel. They just use cpanel as the software for web based control. Also, the reason 2buckhosting gave you pinwebhost nameservers is becuase that is the nameservers they use. They must be a part of pinwebhost.

Check their whois data:

2buckhosting
    pinwebhost

It looks like you may have picked a poor choice of hosting companies, or they are having temporary trouble. They are the ones you need to contact about account details and/or refund.

4. cdarkness

cdarkness Registered

thanks guys, well it does seem as though I got taken. Checking out the DNS info.. another company had owned that space as a hosting service, while someone else apparently masked as a fraudulant 2buckhosting, I figured it was legit, being that I had thought almost 2 months prior to buying both packages. So as it stands Im out 100 bux, with 4 domains and no place to point them... lol. Live and learn I suppose. Well anyhow, if you know of something else gimme a shout. And yes my email does work.. chaos_d_2000@yahoo.com
    have a good one.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

consider fileblitz.com :)

Or if you want a larger account you can get a reseller account at ServerBlitz.com any questions PM me or email me at sheldon@fileblitz.com or @serverblitz.com respectively.

6. PWSowner

Many of us here are in the hosting business, including myself, but I won't even try to compete with the prices there. It's not possible to truly give quality hosting and customer support for $2/month.

I emailed you a special offer.

7. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

That too with everything "Unlimited"
    Good that they did not mention (or perhaps couldn't) Duration : "Unlimited" :D

Anup

8. Sheldon

I agree....

My services are CHEAP.. and barely make it so I can make even on bills.

Sheldon

9. PWSowner

At least your prices are within a normal range. :)

When you see places saying unlimited space OR bandwidth for less than $5/month, you know that if you actually use space or bandwidth, they'll find a reason to let you go. No real business can afford to run at a loss and space and bandwidth are limited to them so they can't truly offer unlimited for any price.

Bandwidth could be OFFERED as unlimited, but it usually means it is actually limited by your connection speed or some other method.

10. Sheldon

I totally agree.. I laugh at everyone offering all those sort of hosting packages like on ebay for 10/year for unlimited everything... makes me sick... Not to mention security hazards.. Someone could create a script and have it download files constant, max the server on both bandwidth and hd space...

Like.. hell..

Sheldon

11. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Most of us here that have been hosting for years (myself since 97') have seen so many horror stories you would not believe. Prices in general are dropping on hardware, bandwidth and space. But the one thing I tell my clients and potential clients is that the labor to pay people that are qualified enough to support real people in a reasonable amount of time is going up not down in cost. This means that no host that plans to offer real support, good uptime, all the time can afford to do this for 99cents a year with unlimited everything. It's too good to be true. I offer what I call "professional hosting". Sure my fully loaded cpanel with 20GB of BW and 1GB space is $25/month, but you call my toll free number and I either answer or you call my emergency line and if you don't get me I am dead!!! Emails are answered in 5 minutes, not longer than 1 hour. It's call support. I help people with everything from getting hijacked domains back to installing FrontPage on their home machines. It earns me clients one at a time and they tell their friends and neighbors that just got burned at the "host-o-cheap-o.net" . Don't get me wrong ..I get people asking me about lowering my prices to compete with what they may have been spammed host or some other add they saw. I usually tell them to go ahead and sign up and I will even help them move out. Then usually they call back or email me later asking for help at this new host because I am the only one that will answer their calls. It's all about what you want. If you want to take chances with a non too important personal site then fine ..save a few bucks and gamble. But if you are serious ..get a real host. There are tons of us out here ... I would say that out of about 10 thousand hosting companies in the US at least 500 of us will do a good job for you. 500 good hosts to pick from is plenty ..you just have to find them. If you just need a host and 99cents is what you have ..then pick from the other 9,500. Regardless ...good luck :)

12. Sheldon

Nice.
    Couldnt have said it better myself...

13. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Active Member

well 2buckshosting.com seems to be up right now, so you should ask them about their problems, abnd hopefully you havent lost your money.

otherwise we would gladly help you.. our prices arent as low as $2 though..

14. PWSowner

Well worded.

Like you said, it all comes down to actual quality of support. We see so many end users here now asking for help with things that the hosting provider should help with, because they sign up with cheap ones and find out what kind of support they get.

The big problem is, most end users don't know the costs and time involved, so they see:
    200MB space w/10Gb bandwidth - $20/month
    and
    1GB space w/unlimted bandwidth - $5/month
    and they automatically go with the second one because they don't know the actual differences until they experience them.

This problem is making it much harder for us serious businesses to keep going. We just have to focus on looking for those who want real hosting.