The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to WHM plugin development. Please help

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by santoshm, Jun 17, 2011.

1. santoshm

santoshm Registered

Dear Cpanel friends,

I recently got to know about cpanel. I want to build plugins using cpanel. I went through the official documentation and only understood as to how to build a plugin, but I didn't find any step-by-step procedure as to how to download the sdk and start coding. Can anyone please let me know what are the steps to install the sdk on my ubuntu linux.

Regards

Santosh

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The cPanel SDK is not a downloadable thing, like the Apple SDK. It's more of a collection of documentation and various code examples.

To do any development for cPanel or WHM you will need root access to a cPanel system. Usually, you can find a VPS with cPanel for a reasonable price. Alternatively, if you have a CentOS or RHEL server with a public facing IP address, and a good idea of what you intend to develop, you can apply for a Developer License here and install cPanel yourself.

Once you have a product developed you will need to market and distribute it yourself. We simply provide an Application Catalog where you can submit a description of your product and it's website.

Hope that helps.

Happy Coding,
    -DavidN

3. santoshm

santoshm Registered

Ok thanks david. Sorry for the late reply though.

4. reynoldpj

reynoldpj Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator