The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to WHM-Reseller Account Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LittlBUGer, Apr 19, 2005.

1. LittlBUGer

LittlBUGer Registered

Hello. OK, so I'm new to WHM, but I've got everything working fine for my domain and my site, of course. Now, I have a new client who wants his own domain with a reseller account from me. So, I thought it would be easy, but it seems to not be that way for me, unless I'm completely missing something really simple. This is what I did:

1.) He registered his new domain and pointed it to my nameservers. Fine, good.
    2.) I created a new reseller account in WHM with that new domain and a package I created just for the client. Fine, good.
    3.) New account is sharing my main IP, which is also my primary nameserver (of course). Good? (I don't want him to have his own private nameservers)
    4.) It's been over 3 days now and new domain doesn't propagate anywhere and nothing works with it. Not good...

Did I miss something, or did I think it was too easy in WHM to just create a reseller account with a certain domain that was already registered and expect it to work? I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I'm new to WHM and new to giving out "sub-accounts" or resellers accounts. Thanks for the help. :)

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

If you created an account and checked the box to make it a reseller, or made it a reseller later, it should work. The site not being accessible doesn't really matter if it's a reseller or not. It sounds like the nameservers haven't propogated yet. Check the domain at http://www.dnsreport.com and see if it gives any clues.

3. LittlBUGer

LittlBUGer Registered

Well it seems that everything I try to do and/or fix in WHM causes everything else to break. My hosting company that houses my dedicated server has been going crazy because of the many problems I've had, and I've barely touched anything. Like with the new account I created in my original question. After I created it, my main account/site wouldn't resolve correctly anymore among other issues. I'm just going to let my host deal with it from now on and force them to fix everything as for the past two weeks, it's been kind of ridiculous. Anyway, thanks for the help, as that site you mentioned has great information. :)