The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Update Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Pyles, May 20, 2003.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Seems that our update the other night during the Formmail Fiasco went well, however, I'm running into some problems updating again. When running /scripts/upcp It appears to run very slow. It gets to :
    ==> Running post install scripts....rsync
    rsyncing cpanel binaries
    rsyncing perl libraries
    rsyncing whm

and then appears to hang. We typically run Edge, but even going to Stable, we have the same problem. Tried it several times last night, and then again this morning during low server load.

I also noticed that Interchange is now failing, and when the update hangs, POP accounts start returning an error. Any idea what could be happening here?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try shutting down cpanel /etc/init.d/cpanel3 stop

do a ps -ef and make sure cpanel is stopped including whostmgr

then try the update.

3. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

David,
    I'll give that a shot when I get back in. I also wanted to run one more thing by you. Since all this started, cgi scripts are running very, very slow. It almost appears to me that the server is sluggish, but, when running top, server load is down and it is serving web pages just fine. In top, I also noticed that the length of time that processes are running are all at 0. There are a few processes that have some time listed, but even then, its just a few seconds. There is something going on with this particular server since we updated, but I can't find out what it is.

About the interchange error, when I go into a client cpanel and install interchange, I get the following:

------------------
    chown: getting attributes of `/home/username/catalogs/myweathe/products/*.gdbm': No such file or directory Done
    chown: getting attributes of `/home/myweathe/catalogs/username/products/*.gdbm': No such file or directory Done

Your Cart is now active, you can enter the either enter as a customer or you can enter the admin interface. Your Cart has a demo theme installed called "Construct" to give you an idea about how the system works. It is quite safe to modify this theme to your needs.

I don't know if that sheds some light...just things are pretty strange :(

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well you are right, interchange is foobar'd. I just enabled it to see. Generally we've disabled Interchange and removed it from the themes. Never had liked it anyway. But yes that error does come up on ours as well.

5. grey259

grey259 Registered

The Interchange devs don't really care for many of us cPanel admins, and understanably. We offer the result of their labors, and then offload all support to their user forums.

They've left a [message] (a long time ago) on their site in complaint of being constantly bothered by our customers and our non-support policies. I can't blame them. Interchange should be removed from hosts which do not want to provide the extra time involved through use of a noncommercial (read: free) product.

The new interchange error with cPanel upgrade can be found [here].