The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New update Security Features to tight

Discussion in 'Security' started by Viperman, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Viperman

Viperman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello this is my first time here but I hope that I am placing this post in the right category. My c Panel was working perfectly fine before the last update. The looks of the new c Panel is awesome and everything, but there is one problem. I am a person with a dynamic ip, and so are the other 3 owners of my site. The c Panel restrictions allow for only a static ip to connect. What are the owners and I supposed to do for this matter. I really love c Panel and basically is the only system that I really know how to use. So I really would like to know how to make c Panel, work with dynamic ip's. I just don't understand why this was implemented in the first place, due to the fact that world wide people are still using dynamic ip's. If anyone has any help on this matter please post it here asap so I may implement the changes.

Thank You

Viper

2. Oleg.Gricik

Oleg.Gricik Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    are you talking about SSH or common access?

I suppose you need make some corrections in
    /etc/security/access.conf file
    try to add the following or correct existed record
    But this insecure =)

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What problem is it exactly that you're experiencing??

4. Zepplin

Zepplin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd suggest if you have dynamic IP CSF Config Server Firewall may be a good solution, you can download a free version from ConfigServer Security & Firewall Install the package and add your dynamic hostname to "LFD Dynamic DNS" via the CSF front end

I use dyn.com their free service which are no longer available you can either pay or use one of the other free services No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP which can be setup up in your router once you have chosen a host name.

Once you have added your hostname to CSF and enabled dynamic dns in csf configuration "DYNDNS_IGNORE = 1" you should be good to go.