Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New user account Disk Usage 114.05 Megabytes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHM > Account Functions > Modify an Account > Username: (replace current with a new UID)

This will work as long as they are not a Reseller (resellers cannot have their username changed).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pollie

Pollie Active Member

Greetings {{all}}.

I have the following hard facts:

0) I am running WHM E85; let's create an account. Done.
    1) The account quota limit was set ok to 50mb, matching the package limits.
    2) Yet the account uses 5Gb right after creation - the client does not have the access data yet; cpanel reports negative quota usage and client's services cannot write on disk (exceeded quota reported)
    3) I ran fixquotas and fixquotas --useplanquotes
    4) I changed the UID - new UID shows the same 5gb usage
    5) I deleted the account and recreated it using a third username (not the former, not the one I had changed to) but the same domain name as it had to be: the account still shows 5Gb usage
    6) I ran find -user username | more : interesting enough, the output grabs almost everything that is under /cpanel directory
    7) I waited a couple of days and created the account with the former username. Usage is 0Mb now.
    8) Each two or three new accounts I create, comes with exceeded quotas. I cannot tell the rule from this randomized behavior.

Sure it is pretty weird.

I would appreciate any hints.

tks in advance
    All the best
    Paula

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Paula,

This sounds exactly like the problem I had. I fixed it using the advice from the following thread:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9865&highlight=disk+space

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: