The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redcable, Jun 7, 2004.

1. redcable

redcable Active Member

Very new to WHM, but familiar with Cpanel. Just got a new dedicated server running RH9.0 and the latest WHM. My question is as im playing around with is that when I create a new account. it assignes the ip on the main shared address xxx.xxx.xxx.xx. My question is where are the setup instrunctions that I send my customers with the basic information about there new accounts. even furthur say i setup a new account with mydomain.com/username until the domain is pointed to my nameservers how are they able to access thier site. i thought it would something like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/~username but that doesnt seem to work.

Does whm send a standard email to the contact email for the account with the general information about the account? if not how can I set this up. ?

any help is appreciated. thanks

2. lvkewlkid

lvkewlkid Member

In order for a welcome email, you need a billing/support script. A great one would be ClientExec or PHPManager.

3. redcable

redcable Active Member

what about viewing the site before the domain name resolves. how does that work.

4. lvkewlkid

lvkewlkid Member

5. redcable

redcable Active Member

lvkewlkid,

let me be a bit more appreciative. Basicly I feel im a great programmer, but this ones thrown a quirk into my engine.

I have a dedicated server, it comes with two dedicated ip address's

xxx.xxx.xxx.21 which is the main shared ip address and has a domain allready setup on it. like denewdomain.com

xxx.xxx.xxx.22 which is an extra ip address i guess. I also have 10 more that are sequential after 22, which are extras i had thrown in for the hell of it.

I am going to be transfering around 3 websites. so for expample i created a new account, I.E. mydomain.com with the username of lets say redcable. so in essense we have my first shared webserver space on xxx.xxx.xxx.21 now i dont want to point my domain to my new dedicated servers nameserver until i have the site ready, so my question is, how do i view that site even though my domain is pointed correctly yet. I figured

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.21/~redcable would work. but it is not. what am i doing wrong?

or im just FUBAR and have it all wrong as to how it works

6. redcable

redcable Active Member

yep thats what i thought, but i get the old 404 not found error just to recap

xxx.xxx.xxx.21 - www.mymaindomain.com - main shared ip address.
    xxx.xxx.xxx.22 - extra ip

i created a new account and assigend it to xxx.xxx.xxx.21

tried http://ip/~username/

and get 404 not found.

7. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member