Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New User; Is someone using my email account???

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by paskon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. paskon

paskon Registered

Hi--I'm a brand new user; I've been paying for web hosting for ages but am just now getting around to logging in to my account at magicfirebeads.com. So I log in, and click on check email. There were 2 options; neomail or horde. I have no idea which to use, so I clicked on neomail. I got in to what I think is my email account, but it is flooded with spam addresses to asaraiva @ magicfirebeads.com (remove spaces) and serranoasaraiva @ magicfirebeads.com. I have no idea who this is or why they would have been using my email account!!

If indeed someone is using my account, how do I get rid of them??? Ooh, this is pissing me off seriously!

Thank you for your help!

-Patti

#1 paskon, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  2. paskon

paskon Registered

It looks like Essie Serrano, or someone using that name, hacked into my account last July and sent a bunch of spam. Is there any way I can keep this from happening again?

Thanks!
    -Patti

3. paskon

paskon Registered

Never mind...I think I've got it fixed so it won't happen again. But I feel so used!! :rolleyes:

-Patti

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In future you should contact your web hosting provider for such issues as these forums are for server administrators not end-users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...