The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WHM/CPanel account, PHP not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris-777, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Chris-777

Chris-777 Member

Hi guys,

I have a fresh server with WHM and cPanel X. Everything is working fine as far as the server and DNS, but it's not parsing php files in my web root - I get the Default Website Page.

Default PHP Version (.php files): 5
    PHP 5 Handler: suphp
    PHP 4 Handler: none
    Apache suEXEC on

Any insight as to how to begin troubleshooting would really be appreciated.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are html pages working fine? If they are also showing the default website page, then it isn't a PHP issue but one with the domain resolving properly via Apache. Normally, the two reasons I've seen that happen would be the following:

1) The system is using NAT where it has a backend IP (typically starting with 192.) that reroutes to a frontend IP off the system. Under NAT, the DNS zone must have the frontend IP, while Apache's configuraiton (/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf) must have the backend IP

2) Caching is showing the domain when it was checked before it resolved to the machine. In this situation, using a proxy such as proxify.net or kproxy.com will help to see if caching is the issue.

3. Chris-777

Chris-777 Member

Thanks for the quick reply! As you can imagine, this is a tad frustrating. I have another domain pointed at the same host and it works just fine - it's just one that I'm just setting up that's being a pain in the rear.

If I use the IP address, I get the index.php page. If I use the domain, I get the default cPanel webpage.

What's odd is that a different account works perfectly, so I assume it's not a global PHP problem - just an issue with this one site. I don't think it's caching, because it's a cPanel page (not a page on a previous host).

Edit: Will check an .html file, and re-edit this post in a sec.

Re-edit, Nope, HTML files aren't working either, actually. No matter what's there, I get the cPanel default page.

4. Chris-777

Chris-777 Member

Update:

My WHM install is on IP .114. The account I'm setting up is on .115. My DNS (GoDaddy) points to .115, and everything in CPanel points to .115. However if I ping the www of the domain, it's resolving to .114. I assume this is a WHM setting somewhere?

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is an issue with the DNS zone files and httpd.conf files not matching the necessary IP. You should change the IP in WHM > Change Site's IP Address area to the .114 shared IP, then change it back to the .115 IP again. This should update all the records. After that, check the domain in a proxy to see if it is working because you will be cached to the old IP for a period of time.

6. Chris-777

Chris-777 Member

Just to update this, I'm not sure what the root cause of the issue was, but I deleted the account, pointed my DNS at the IP of WHM and everything is working fine. Cheers Tristan, thank you. :)