The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WHM Feature: Recognized IP .. where is that file?

Discussion in 'Security' started by sOliver, Nov 16, 2010.

1. sOliver

sOliver Active Member

Hi,

I'm new here, but I'm running WHM on two dedicated servers and one VPS so I'm familiar with it.

One of the new features is pretty cool: Only allow recognized IP's to access WHM

Now I would like to know where that file is that stores the IP? Need to know that so that I can add my IP manually. Is it somewhere in the scripts folder?

I am going to add my IP to that file dynamically via DynDNS :) got a little script for that.

Thanks,
    Oliver

2. sOliver

sOliver Active Member

anyone? If any of the WHM developers should read this, I also would like to suggest that a wildcard should be possible for all except the first IP range.

Let's say the IP is
    11.11.11.11, then I want a wildcard for 11.*.*.* .. however, it would be way more secure if you would allow dynamic ip's, e.g. like allow from domain.com, but then you'd have to do a RDNS lookup and then filter the real IP. I already have such a script, but need to know where the IP's are stored.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Oliver,

The root WHM IP whitelist is at /var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanel/.cpanel/securitypolicy/iplist location. The cPanel user one is at /home/username/.cpanel/securitypolicy/iplist location. The questions are in /var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanel/.cpanel/securitypolicy/questions and /home/username/.cpanel/securitypolicy/questions locations, respectively.

Thanks!