The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WHM features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oinkmedia, Sep 23, 2004.

1. oinkmedia

oinkmedia Well-Known Member

I would really like to see the following new features added to WHM:

- Ability to view the bandwidth use of each POP3 account (per user)
    - Limit the bandwidth per POP3 account
    - Ability to view current passwords of users (so I don't have to keep on reseting them for clients)

Anyone else want these as well??

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Not I.

I am not trying to micromanage individual cPanel accounts. cPanel users can place quotas on POP3 accounts, and that is going to go a long way towards restricting bandwidth usage. We place bandwidth restrictions (and storage quotas) on entire accounts. Why is it our concern if the client wants to use the bandwidth downloading POP mail versus serving dynamic content?

If you are talking about limiting SMTP bandwidth to prevent spammers, then that is a different argument (with a different solution).

The only time we would need the client password is if we need to logon to the client control panel as the client, and in that instance the client can provide us with the password. If the client does not remember their password, then the password is reset. How much longer does it take to reset a client PW versus looking one up?

3. oinkmedia

I am wishing to provide a premium email service as a seperate service to my hosting services. For this reason, I am trying to find out how to monitor/limit individual POP3 accounts as all the POP3 accounts will be under the same Cpanel user account and domain name.

Your point about processing passwords is valid however (but it would still be good to have it listed next to the account in WHM).

4. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Ah. We do not share that need :)

I wouldn't mind being able to control the number of forwarders available per package for upsell purposes though.

At any rate, you should submit feature requests as an 'enhancement' in the bugzilla system.

5. oinkmedia

cheers for the link!