The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WHM Menu layout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HH-Steven, Aug 19, 2005.

?

Do you like the new whm menu layout?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Dont Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No but ill get used to it

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Those who have recently updated to the latest release may have notice the revised menu layout within whm (can hardly miss it)

What do you think to this?

Personally i dont like it, but maybe thats because i had only just memorised the last one. (gits)

Why do you like / dislike it?, how would you like to see it?

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I'd love to hear any suggestions on improving it....some items were moved around, everything was alphabetized. It's not set in stone, I completely accept that there is room for improvement.

3. HH-Steven

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Whats just sprung to mind is maybe something like the contact manager setup where each section can be numbered.

1 = 1st
    2 = 2nd

and so on.........

4. Joshuajames

Joshuajames Member

5. HH-Steven

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Also just noticed that the sql section header looks screwy aswell compared to the old one:

1st attachment is new layout, 2nd is old layout:

Attached Files:

#5 HH-Steven, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  6. Rafaelfpviana

Rafaelfpviana Well-Known Member

The new layout is not good, i like the old one better

7. Joshuajames

Joshuajames Member

Please, if you revert back to the old one, allow an option to keep the new one. I really prefer this new format, it actually makes sense compared to the old one!

8. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

these things evidently have to evolve as more features are added... but in general, no-one likes change.

one idea though... how about removing the frames in WHM? It would be good if the WHM html was compatible with my 3G/PDA so I can perform some WHM tasks while having a cold beer on the beach! :cool:

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I must say, that I find it quite cumbersome and awkward at times, and I'm in there using it all day, every day :) It's just a pain to find things I guess.

That said, I do know how difficult it is designing an effective menu system. What I'd hate to see is having to drill down to find an option as I'd want to go straight there.

I think I like adept2003 idea of ditching the frames. Or at least having a front page similar to the BlueLagoon theme where everything is ordered below headings on the main page.

Also, personally, I don't like the alphabetising of the sub-menus. To me, it makes the sequence often illogical (captain) and much preferred the way it was orderd in order of likely use and usefulness. The most common tasks coming first and the least common ones at the bottom. Now I have to go hunting all over the place unless I remember the exact word that is used first, which to me is silly.

10. KyleK29

KyleK29 Member

This might seem like a weird request, but can anyone post a picture of it? I'm interested in seeing it before I update :)

11. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

I've submitted a bugzilla feature request for removing frames from WHM: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3092

cPanel community - Please take a look and post your own input/suggestions/vote. It will be much appreciated by everyone, I'm sure.

12. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

I honestly don't like the alphabetising of the menus either. Obviously, for Account Functions, "Create a New Account" should be first as you use it all the time. "Change Site's IP Address" I haven't used in months actually - totally useless to have it at the top there. Same thing with the System Reboot - if someone is going to reboot their server, they are probably going to choose the Graceful and not Forceful option - so again it should be on top.

-Thoams