The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New \

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ecoutez, May 31, 2002.

1. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

May 23, 2002
    Hey folks,
    I got a demo license yesterday, installed CPanel on a FreeBSD 4.5 box, and got it at least partially working. There do seem to be some bugs, but hopefully they won't be too critical.

I was able to login as root via the web interface on either port 2087 or 2086, created an account, and logged in as the user on port 2082. :)

So this morning I tried to create another account, but then the user couldn't login to the web interface. I checked and doublecheked the password, and confirmed that the account is actually fine (because the user can ssh in!)

Now I can't login to the web control panels for either WHM or CP.

The only related item I can think of is that I tried to add a block of IPs to reserve, and this failed - probably because the interface is fxp0 not eth0.

Is there some standard services to restart when things go funky? I tried restarting cpanel4 from /etc/rc.d/init.d/ but that only made things worse... &waiting for port 2084 to free& messages galore. ;)

I rebooted the box (since it's just a test at this point) and still no luck. I can login via SSH, but not the web-based stuff.

Any thoughts? BTW - is there a FreeBSD bugs forum somewhere? I'd be happy to report the ones I'm finding, but I don't want to waste mine and DarkORB's time if they're aware of them. ;)

- Jason