Newbie needs help- skeleton directory?

mishell

Registered
Apr 7, 2003
Albuquerque, NM
Hello everyone,

I'm using WHM and CPanel for the very first time. I have set up a couple of new accounts and uploaded some files via Dreamweaver MX FTP.

I'm going through each section to learn what they each are, and the Skeleton Directory has me completely confused. How do I access this directory? I can see the path /root/cpanel3-skel, but how do I place an index.html in it? Can it be done using Dreamweaver MX FTP? :confused:

mishell

Registered
Apr 7, 2003
Albuquerque, NM
Help files, etc.

Where can I find basic tutorials and help documents for WHM and CPanel? I've seen the ones in CPanel.net and what my server sent me, but I need more "simple, stupid" help. I'm having a friend train me this weekend, but before then I want to learn everything I can so I can ask him specific questions.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by mishell
Hello everyone,

I'm using WHM and CPanel for the very first time. I have set up a couple of new accounts and uploaded some files via Dreamweaver MX FTP.

I'm going through each section to learn what they each are, and the Skeleton Directory has me completely confused. How do I access this directory? I can see the path /root/cpanel3-skel, but how do I place an index.html in it? Can it be done using Dreamweaver MX FTP? :confused:
Probably not. You really need to use an SSH client like the one at
http://www.ssh.com
There is a built-in file transfer mechanism within the shell client.