The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question - Bandwidth going over, but it shouldnt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artemis, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Artemis

Artemis Registered

Jan 3, 2004
    I'm a newbie with a reseller account, so please be patient with me...

One of my clients is currently using 5GB, and her account is alloted 17GB. It's in the Orange :eek: She has bandwidth theft prevention turned on (since she is a commercial graphics site). I have had my server admin check her mail relays to make sure no one is using her mail to send spam, she checked for any bad scripts running (there's none) and she checked for anything else that might be causing it to go Orange. My client does get a lot of hits, but why would it be in the Orange if she is no where near using her alloted bandwidth? It went Yellow 5 days into April.

I realize the bandwidth usage chart in WHM does not show all the ports for traffic... why not? There must be something you can add in the next update so a reseller can see where the bandwidth is being eaten. My server admin, I'm sure, wants to ring my neck because I keep asking her to check this account lol. :( I looked at bandmin and that mrtg software demo, but I don't quite understand what I'm looking at so they wouldnt help me much.

Any help you can offer this old lady would much appreciated.