The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question, confused about email setup

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Sonny2012, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Sonny2012

Sonny2012 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    OK, It's probably simple but this is all another language to me.

I had a normal hosting account, until told I needed to get a vps server for my site. An importnt part of my site is sending emails.

I setup a few accounts. ie info@domain.com sonny@domain.com quotes@domain.com

I did this in cpanel.

Emails composed from say my laptop using a totally different email like sonny@anotherdomain.com to quotes@domain.com go successfully. I can see them received in the web client Squirrel mail within cpanel.

Emails composed from squirrel mail within cpanel show up in the sent folder, but they don't reach destination email address i.e sonny@anotherdomain.com

Ive paid freelancers to come in and set this up for me with no success.

Rather than I learn and go through, step by step process. Can I hire someone to resolve this for me?

#1 Sonny2012, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try searching for the destination email address in /var/log/exim_mainlog with a command such as:

Code:
    exigrep user@domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Look for any specific failures related to the delivery of the email. As for your last question, you can find a list of system admin services at the following URL if you prefer to hire a system administrator to assist you with this:

cPanel Application Catalog - System Admin Services

Thank you.