The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question - want all mail forwarded, no mail collection

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sneader, Nov 16, 2003.

1. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This seems like a simple question, but I've been bashing my head on the monitor trying to figure this out (ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!!)

I want to forward ALL mail for a domain to the customer's ISP e-mail account AND I do NOT want to collect mail on the server. I don't want the mailbox filling up.

Is there a way to accomplish this via cpanel?

Example:

username: xyz
    domain: xyz.com
    Main account is therefore: xyz@xyz.com

The customer doesn't want to pop off my server, he just wants ALL mail for @xyz.com, including xyz@xyz.com, to be forwarded to his ISP account (xyz@aol.com). And I don't want his main POP account filling up with mail!

I can send all unrouted mail for his domain EASILY to xyz@aol.com (using the DEFAULT ADDRESS option in cPanel), but what about mail that is purposely sent to xyz@xyz.com... how can I forward this mail to xyz@aol.com? And how do I prevent his mailbox from filling up?

Yikes, this seems like such a simple task... the customer does not want to use POP mail on my server, they want all mail to be forwarded to their ISP account. How to do this in cpanel?? And make sure their mailbox doesn't fill up on the server, since they will not be checking it.

TIA for helping a cPanel newbie!

- Scott

2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Maybe I'm not stating the question correctly, as your solution does not do anything with the main account's e-mail.

- Scott