Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Newbie questions: MySQL, logs, stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cYbErDaRk, Jan 10, 2004.

1. cYbErDaRk

cYbErDaRk Member

Hi all.

First of all, hello everybody, I'm new here.

I've recently had my own machine, and after configuring everuthing, I've found some problems, and I don't have idea how to solve them.

First problem is MySQL. It "hungs", or something, everyday at 00:00 AM, and it does not start working still 00:15. Maybe some script if restarting it at this hour?

Second, I've searched and searched but I cannot find where cpanel specifies the hours when scripts are executed. FE, when it's specified when it should run the stats?

More, it does not execute statistics, I have to do it by hand. Could it be because of a high load on the machine?

To finish, when logs rotate? I still have logs from Dec 31... very big ones...

Hmm, another more question :) I've a Celeron 1,7 with 1 Gb RAM. Usually I have bewteen 100 and 200 open httpd servers. Sometimes, when reaching 200 or 250 servers, loadavg goes to 4 or 6. What is, in your opinion, the maximun "safe" load a machine should have?

Thanks in advance to all, and sorry for my English.

David