The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newby systemdomain question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by csmcsm, Jun 15, 2006.

1. csmcsm

csmcsm Registered

hello@all,

im new using cpanel (at this time im evaluating cpanel) - bevore im using hsphere.

some questions about cpanel:

1) how can i setup an "systemdomain"? - it means the www account for the main hostingsite (for example: my hosting site named 2222com.com, my cpanelservers name: cpa01.2222com.com, how can i setup the www host for "my masterdomain"? how can i setup mailboxes for that domain?

2) is it hard to integrate cpanel in modernbill? how domainregistrations are handled? - if i register an domain in modernbill, does modernbill creates all dns-records, webhosts,... in cpanel for this domain?

3) it is posibly to use about 30-40 servers with only one dns-cluster of 2 servers?

4) does exist an vps-licencing for cpanel? because all of our hosting-servers are running on xen and freevps.

regards
    Chris

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    1.create your site in WHM

2.dont use but i belive it works ok

3. you may want to look at DNS only ver of cpanel its FREE

4.Yes

3. csmcsm

csmcsm Registered

1) how can i do this? - i have created the "systemdomain" in whm under create dns zone - what now? - i want that the systemdomain gets an own cpanel account so that i can maintane this domain like my customers

3) yes i know i allready have created the dnsonly dns-cluster - my question was only if so much cpanel servers (30-40) does this one dns-cluster can handle?

regards
    Chris

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

1) don't create a DNS zone... create it as an actual account. Then you'll have everything you're wanting.