The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly created account to display default cgi web page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phicts, Feb 10, 2013.

1. phicts

phicts Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How do I make the default web page of a newly created account to display the defaultwebpage.cgi instead of a directory like this below,

I see the defaultwebpage.cgi contents only if i click the "parent directory" link but in my reseller account in another hosting company, the cgi page displays automatically. That's what i want -there should be no "parent directory" link.

I made some changes in my php and other settings but i failed to properly document the changes i applied.
    What i am sure of is i am using suPHP and Centos 6.3 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.

2. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think what you really want is this:
    Skeleton Directory

3. Greenhost

Greenhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You mean, when an account is created you want your own index.html put in their /public_html/ directory?
    If so, Yes it is create the HTML files and put them under /root/cpanel3-skel and when a new cPanel account is created, those files will be placed under the customers /public_html/ directory. If you do not have root (such as if you're a reseller) then there should be a /cpanel3-skel/ directory under your primary reseller account.

4. phicts

phicts Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the answers.

I do have root access though my vps is self-managed. All i want to is for the newly created account to automatically display the fresh default cgi page until the account user begins using/uploading files to it.

Currently if i create a new account and I go to that domain, I will see a directory listing, not the default cgi page. I still have to click "parent directory" before the default cgi page will be displayed.

So again, how can i remove that directory listing and instead automatically display the fresh default cgi page. Thanks again.